Tues - 2/3 - Ski Tigers Board Meeting at Nara @ 7pm. We will do our mid year recap as we get into the second half of the season. Any coaches or parents that are interested, please join us.
Sunday, Jan 11 @ 9:15-Noon - Girls 6-19 Come ski with US Olympian, Caitlin Gregg and the Michigan Tech Women's Nordic Ski Team
Michigan Tech University along with LaRose Wellness Retreat, Great Lakes Accounting and Copper Country Ski Tigers are proud to present a morning of Athletic Inspiration and Fun Hosted by US Olympian, Caitlin Gregg, the Michigan Tech Women’s Nordic Ski Team and Blizzard T. Husky for Girls 6-19!
Learn from these Nordic ski stars through indoor games, ski games, and inspirational stories. You’ll have a chance to hang out with your heroes, meet other girls interested in sports, and learn about life as a professional and college athlete!
Date: Sunday, January 11, 2014
Where: SDC, Houghton, Michigan
Preregister by emailing: email@example.com, with name, age and ski experience. If your daughter does not have skis please also include shoe size and height. If your daughter needs skis deadline to register is 5:30pm on Saturday, January 10, 2014. Walk-ins are welcomed but pre-registration is preferred.
Registration: 9:15-9:30 am
Event Time: 9:30am – Noon
Cost: Free or a tax deductible donation to MTU Nordic Ski Team.
What to bring: Comfortable clothes and Nordic ski gear.
Girls change into outdoor gear and are transported to Michigan Tech trails
Skiing and skiing games
Girls return to the SDC for a healthy snack and inspirational stories and pictures with your heroes and Blizzard T. Husky
Fun Facts about your hosts
• 2010 Olympian Caitlin Gregg is a graduate of Northern Michigan University and while going to NMU in the summers she worked on the grounds crew!
• All of MTU’s Women Ski Team also run on the Cross Country Team and some also run Track!
• Deedra Irwin, Co-Capitan of the team is the school record holder in the 800 meter run.
• Alice Flanders, Co-Capitan of the team was an All-American last year at Skiing NCAAs and swam in high school.
• Both Deedra and Alice did not ski race until high school and have studied abroad!
• Freshman, Anna Kubek almost made the Olympic team in Biathlon last year.
• Ruth Opplinger is from Hancock and is a former Copper Country Ski Tiger Racer.
• Team GPA is 3.60.
• The first goal in Michigan Tech Women’s Soccer history was scored by Nordic Skier and now second year dentist student at Marquette University, Melanie Hoffman.
Parents are welcomed to come and join in the fun! Don’t forget your cameras it’s not every day you get to hang out with an Olympian and see Blizzard T. Husky ski!
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Amy Haggenmiller at 906-281-7515 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.